Sustainable development is "development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs". Sustainable development is a conception of development that takes a long-term perspective and integrates ecological and social constraints into the economy.
The principles applied to tourism :
- To make optimum use of environmental resources as a key element of tourism development, preserving essential ecological processes and helping to safeguard natural resources and biodiversity;
- Respecting the socio-cultural authenticity of host communities, conserving their built and living cultural assets and traditional values and contributing to intercultural understanding and tolerance;
- To ensure sustainable economic activity with equitably distributed socio-economic benefits for all stakeholders, including stable employment, profit opportunities and social services for host communities, thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Actions Implemented according to ISO26000 action areas:
- Human rights: internal regulations, no discrimination, respect between clients
- Working relations and conditions: 7 days off every 7 weeks
- Environment: efficient acoustic and thermal insulation, renewable energy, reduced water consumption, waste sorting
- Fair practices: value-based pricing, respect for resellers' requirements, no corruption
Consumer issues: consumer health and safety are key to La Maison du Bonheur, facilitated catering
- Community and sustainability: involvement in tourism: communities, tourist office, locality, county
Other Sustainable Tourism sites in the area:
- Destination Beaujolais Tourist Office: more information on this link.
- Lyon ville durable: more information on this link.
Les vergers de Nadine: certified high environmental value farm
- Domaine viticole JP Riviere: the estate is committed to the Terra Vitis approach, a sustainable viticulture label
For more information:
To book a meal tray or for a dog, please fill in "choose your extras" in the booking page. For all exterior rentals, please contact me directly.